25 June 2012

It's all about the weekend


I'm sorry I'm quite a non active blogger now, I really thought I would have a lot more time, also to blog some more but seems like I was wrong. I just hope you don't mind too much. So let me tell you about my weekend cause I can honestly it was a really great weekend! 

Friday.
Friday was the first time I had to work. As you know, I got the job I applied for at La Place. I was quite excited cause it is my first job ever and I had no idea what they expected from me. After all it was actually pretty okay. If you want to know, I take care of the hot drinks, like coffee, tea and hot chocolate. It's not a very challenging job because I only have to press some buttons to operate the machine. I like it though, I have nice colleagues, quite friendly customers from different countries and my boss is a nice person, luckily. After work I had to go home as quick as I could to prepare everything and dress up for my graduation party. I was really glad Djamilla and her boyfriend were there to help me. The party was really nice and I had a great time, although the heels I wore were killing my feet but those shoes were absolutely worth it!

Saturday.
Saturday I had to get up early cause I had to work again. I had a nice day at work and met some new nice colleagues. When I was on my way home Cath called me to ask if I received the tickets for the Park City festival. You know what I’m talking about if you read my last news flash. If you didn’t, I won two tickets for two days for Park City Live. The thing was, people from Ticketfest, where I won the tickets, called me Thursday to ask if I was actually going and what my address was to send me the tickets. On Friday I still hadn’t received them so I was quite unsure if I actually would receive something and if, if I received them on time. When I got home, I literally ran to the mailbox to check if there was something in for me. There was one envelope in for me but I looked more like a card to congratulate me on my graduation. I opened it as fast as I could and there were all the four tickets. I contacted Cath, changed outfit and went as fast as I could to the station where I would meet Cath and her dad. When we arrived it was already after eight but those three hours were really great. We had some drinks, watched Within Temptation perform, danced on La Fuente, enjoyed every bit of the evening and had a lot of fun that night. We also met two guys, they were so freaking scary. A funny part was that when we went home, we had to go by train and we didn’t know where the station was. If we did get lost we would have missed the last train, which would be the worst case scenario that could happen on that moment. Luckily we didn’t and were home around 1am. After we got home we changed clothes, ate something and went out again.

Sunday.
Sunday was the second day of the Park City festival. I would take Samantha with me, but she felt a little sick and didn’t want to stand in the rain for the whole day. I decided to take Cath with me again. We arrived at the festival around 2pm and it wasn’t too crowded because of the rain. It did rain quite hard sometimes and the festival area was one big quagmire. I wore all stars, so you can guess what they looked at the end of the night. Notwithstanding the rain I had a great time. We laughed, danced on hardcore and Vato Gonzales, I ate fries since a really long time, saw Ilse DeLange perform, spotted some nice guys and we had the time of our lives, I know Cath did for sure in any case. It was her first festival ever and although she didn’t like Ilse DeLange, her first festival experience was a good one!

My conclusion is that it was a great weekend for sure. Now I have to go to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow for work. After work I think I will go shopping, I’m quite early done tomorrow, which is very nice when you work right in the shopping district. This morning I thought it was going to be a really boring week, apart from Rock Werchter this week, but seems like I will be busy! Tomorrow is have to work, Wednesday I have to go to Nijmegen to look for a few rooms for next year, Thursday is Werchter, by the way, you know I am going to go solo to Werchter? I know, poor me, but whatever, right? And Friday and Saturday I have to work again.

Unfortunately I didn't take photos during the Park City festival but if I spot some photos of me on the internet I will definitely share those.  

Let’s do this!