14 June 2012

Officially graduated

It was kind of obvious that I would graduate, but I wasn't sure about the grades and there was a new demand on graduating this year. It said that the average of all your grades of the subjects you take finals in, so no school exams, should be at least a 5,5. As you may know, or not know, the Dutch school system isn't hard. The lowest grade you can get is an 1 and the highest grade is a 10. Today was the day I got to hear if I was graduated, if I had to retake an exam or if I failed and had to do the year over again. My school would call between 1 and 2pm if you failed or had to retake an exam. My teacher told us that he would call everyone, just to make everything extra clear. After half an hour there were only a few who had been called, they all failed or had to retake an exam. 10 Minutes before time I was getting a little nervous, did my teacher forget me? He said he would call on alphabetical order, but there was a conversation going on, on twitter between a few classmates, and they also didn't know what the teacher was doing. So I just kept waiting. After 2pm had passed I still didn't know if I was graduated, my teacher still hadn't call and there was no list on the school website with all the persons who were graduated. On 2.15pm did my friend start talking to me on Blackberry messenger, she said the teacher called and she was graduated. After 5 minutes I received a call that I was graduated and could pick up my list with grades at school. That moment, I was so damn happy, but still a little nervous about my grades, there was a chance I would retake an exam, just to improve my grade. Luckily my grades were even better than expected and I will not retake an exam. My average of all my grades is exactly a 7,5 and I am so damn happy with that.